This picture was taken on 1st. Jan. 1937 .
Seated [L to R] :
Meghnad Saha, Jagadish Chandra Bose, Jnan Chandra Ghosh
Standing [ L to R]:
S.Dutt, S.N.Bose, D..M. Bose, N.R.Sen, J.N. Mukherjee, N.C. Nag
1. At present in Calcutta Sir J C Bose ‘s research Institute is named as ” BOSU VIJAYAN MANDIR”
2. Meghnad Saha , F.R.S. first established Nuclear Institute at Calcutta ,which is now named as
“Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics”
3. S N Bose , F.R.S. was famous for Bose-Einstein Statistics and particles satisfying this statistics are called BOSON;
In Calcutta : ” SN Bose Natural Centre for basic Sciences”,
4. Sir Jnan Chandra Ghosh , Professor of Chemistry, First Director of the IIT Kharagpur,Bengal.
N.B.[ In 19th. century, Ramanujan became the first Indian F.R.S.[ Fellow of the Royal Society ,London] in Mathematics.]
5. D.M. Bose [ Radio Physicist], became the Director of the Bosu Vijayan Mandir.
Google News:on 30th.Nov. 2016:
” A lunar Crater of 91 Kilometres diameter was christened ” The Bose Crater” in honour of Sir JC Bose,who was also Knighted in 1917. It is adjacent to Crater ” BHABHA”,dedicated to Homi Jehangir Bhabha,father of the Indian atomic energy programme
—————————— —————————— —————————— ———————
UPCOMING PROGRAM OF THE VEDANTA SOCIETY OF CALGARY;
1. PUBLIC LECTURE AT THE VEDANTA CENTER;
DATE AND TIME : DECEMBER,3 rd. 2016, 3 PM – 5 PM ,SUNDAY,
TOPIC ; SEEKING THE MOTHER
SPEAKER: SWAMI MAHAYOGANANDA
RKM, Hollywood, USA
2. CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION AT THE VEDANTA CENTER
DECEMBER 18, 2016, SUNDAY, 3 PM TO 5 PM
[ Rumor: Santa may drop by at the Vedanta Center, with gifts for the children]
A L L A R E W E L C O M E
—————————— —————————— —————————— ———————-
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA ‘S INVOCATION;
THAT IN LIFE WHAT WE GIVE TO THE SOCIETY SHOULD BE MORE THAN WHAT WE RECEIVE.
THIS IS OUR PRAYER ,O LORD, FULFILL IT
JOY SHRI RAMAKRISHNA
N.B. The Vedanta Center of Calgary will remain closed until Jan,15, 2017.
The VSC will be open for a short time on 1st. Jan, 2017,if you are interested to attend,contact Dharshini Paramanathan]. R.C.